Parish Council Minutes April 2015

Minutes of the meeting on 13th April 2015 at 8.00 pm in the Kings Head

Attending:

Councillors Mr R Pearson (Chairman) Mr M Newton (Vice-Chair) Mr B Ball, Mr S Tyack, Mrs R Pawley, Mr N Jackson, Mr A Tait together with Mrs A Newton (Clerk)

Apologies for Absence: 0

Public: 0 members of the public

Meeting opened at 8.00 pm.

Mr R Pearson wished to register the Parish Councils grateful thanks to Mr A Orr-Ewing and his staff for the use of the Kings Head for this Parish Meeting.

  1. Minutes of Previous Meeting:

It was proposed by Mr A Tait seconded by Mr B Ball that the minutes of the meeting of 2nd March 2015 were taken as read, agreed as a true and correct record and signed by Mr R Pearson (Chair)

  1. Matters Arising:

Highways work - the potholes outside the church have been filled in, it was noted that the road repairs through the village are currently in progress there was concern expressed about the somewhat random method of work and lack of safety signage where the road surface has been removed and then left in some cases for several days before the new surface is laid, they also extended the road closure date. Mr Pearson will speak to Mr Skillern of Gloucestershire highways to discuss our concerns.

Dog mess – Mr B Ball has fixed the anti-fouling posters at appropriate sites, Mr A Tait is waiting for the dog warden to come back to him on the subject of stencils.

Grass cutting – The grass cutting contract has been agreed and signed by Mr P Jones.

See saw – Mr R Pearson reported that the timber to repair the see saw has been ordered from Blenheim Estates Sawmills and was due for delivery on the 14th April at a cost of approximately £64, Mr Pearson has also made enquiries with the company who supplied the see saw and their estimate was £360, carrying out the repairs ourselves has saved the village almost £300. Mr M Newton and Mr Pearson will carry out the repairs as soon as possible. Mr Pearson also reported that Mr Orr-Ewing from the Kings Head has offered to pay for the materials required, the thanks of the Parish Council are extended to Mr Orr-Ewing for his generosity.

Cemetery gate – Mr M Newton apologised to the Council for the delay in carrying out this repair, he will do the work at his earliest opportunity.

Little Lane – It was reported that three branches from the overgrown box hedge have now fallen across Little Lane Mr Pearson reports that a tree surgeon has been engaged by the land owner to advise on the problem. Mr Pearson will speak to the contractor on behalf of the Parish Council.

Working party – A litter pick was carried out on April 11th, the Parish Councils thanks are extended to all those who attended, a total of 11 bags of rubbish were picked up from the verges within the Parish. Mr M Newton reported that the litter pick equipment which is normally borrowed from CDC has now been given to us by the District Council for future use.

Big Feastavil – The Clerk has written to WODC outlining our concerns however this would have been out of time for the planning application. It has since been announced that a community meeting is being held by the Feastavil organisers in Churchill on Tuesday 21st April from 1800-2000 hours, Mrs R Pawley will attend on behalf of the Parish Council and put forward the Councils concerns.

School parking – Mr B Ball has spoken to the headmaster and Mr S Tyack reported that the headmaster has sent out an appeal to all parents to park responsibly, Mr M Newton has contacted the Police who have so far carried out two visits, the situation will continue to be monitored.

  1. Tenancy Gravel Pit field:

Following the concerns raised at the last month’s meeting Mr Pearson has taken advice and it is clear that the tenant has a responsibility to maintain the land in a satisfactory manner. As the tenancy is due for renewal this coming September Mr Pearson will speak with the tenant to voice the Councils concerns and to inform the tenant that if no improvement is forthcoming then the Council will be reluctant to renew the tenancy. There is also concern about the boundary wall between the Gravel Pit field and the tenant’s property, Mr Pearson will take the opportunity to raise this matter at the same time. Further discussion will take place at the May meeting.

  1. Accounts for Payment:

It was proposed by Mr A Tait and seconded by Mr S Tyack that the following payments should be made:

Parish Clerk         Wages                        £564.39

P Jones                grass cutting              £180

Gaptc                    membership              £113.07

  1. Correspondence:

An email from GCC was received asking for any comments on the road closure for the 6th June Fete. This was discussed and agreed the Clerk will write to GCC.

Permission was sought by the St Leonard’s PCC to use the Village Green for the Bledington Village Fete on the 6th June and this was agreed, however the question was asked whether the B4450 would need to be closed in the event that the Village Hall is still unavailable. The Clerk will write to St Leonard’s PCC with the suggestion that Church Road and the Green be closed instead of the B4450 if the Village Hall is still closed at the time of the fete. The Parish Council are satisfied with the traffic management plans which the PCC propose.

A Notice of Uncontested Election was received, this is the list of Parish/Town Candidates where no contest (ballot) is needed – the present Councillors are all re-elected without a contest.

A note from Mr P Jones was received and read out in which he states that he is grateful for being awarded the mowing contract and will do his utmost to maintain his previous high standards.

Paperwork from the Auditors has been received, the Clerk will present the accounts to the local auditor the accounts will then be presented to the next meeting for the Councils approval prior to the annual audit being carried out.

Notification was received from Bromford Housing Group ltd that it is not economically viable to bring No 7 New Road up to an acceptable standard and it is their intention to sell off this property.

An email was received from James Wright, Oxfordshire Highways, inviting the Parish Councils involvement in informal consultation concerning the extension of parking restrictions along the B4450 near Kingham rail station. This was discussed and the Council broadly welcomed the idea but do not want restrictions all the way to the County border as they feel this would only move the problem into the village. The Clerk will communicate these comments to Mr J Wright.

  1. Planning: None
  2. Adjournment for questions from the Public:

There were no questions from the public.

  1. Any Other Business:

Mr R Pearson has been approached by the grandson of a former resident, whose fathers ashes have been scattered on his grandmother’s grave in the cemetery and asked whether it would be possible to put a memorial stone on the grave. This was discussed and agreed subject to our approval, a non-resident fee of £120 for the erection of a stone memorial will be levied.

Mr R Pearson reminded the meeting that it will be the Annual Meeting next month, the Clerk will book the school for Tuesday 12th May. The Annual Meeting will start at 8pm on the above date and the normal Parish Council meeting will take place at 7.00. The Clerk will email the village organisations who will be invited to attend and give a report, invitations will be extended to County and District Councillors and a notification will be placed in the Bledington News and on bledington.com.

Meeting closed at 9.15 pm

Date and Time of Next Meeting:  12th May 2015 at 7.00pm

 

 

like0