Parish Council Minutes. December 13

 

 

Attending:

Councillors Mr R Pearson (Chair) Mr M Newton (Vice-Chair) Mr S Tyack, Mr N Jackson, Mrs R Pawley, Mr A Tait together with Mrs A Newton (Clerk)

 

Apologies for Absence: Mr B Ball,

Public: 2 member of the public

Meeting opened at 8pm.

 

  1. Minutes of Previous Meeting:

It was proposed by Mr S Tyack and seconded by Mr A Tait that the minutes of the meeting of 4th November 2013 were taken as read, agreed as a true and correct record and signed by the Chair Mr R Pearson.

 

  1. Matters Arising:

Painting Village Benches – Mr L Harries has finished painting the village benches, the Parish Councils thanks are extended to him.

The yew hedge in the cemetery - Mrs R Pawley has not yet had the opportunity to speak to Mr Mash with reference the overgrown hedge next to the War memorial, Mrs R Pawley will speak to Mr Mash’s gardener to ask for the hedge to be cut back. Mrs R Pawley also reported that the broken gate adjacent to the Church has been replaced.

Web site – Mr B Ball has spoken to Mr L White who reports that the village website should be up and running this month.

New sandbags in the brook – All the Councillors have inspected the new sandbags in the brook and can find no defects with the work.

The hedgerow on the left hand side going up the hill in Main Street – Mr R Pearson has inspected the hedgerows concerned and has spoken to one resident who will have the hedge cut back in the near future.

 

  1. Accounts for Payment:

It was proposed by Mr A Tait and seconded by Mrs R Pawley that the following payments should be made

Hydro Logic                     flood texts                  £192 paid out of meeting

Village Hall                     Hall Hire                    £60   

 

  1. Correspondence:

A letter and form was received from Cotswold District Council requesting that the Council return their precept application by 31st January. The precept will be discussed later in the meeting.

 

A Press Release was received from the Cotswold District Council in which they asked for feedback from residents or local businesses. If anyone wishes to comment on the budget strategy they can fill in a survey on the CDC website www.cotswold.gov.uk alternatively, they can email their views to BudgetConsultation@cotswold.gov.uk   the Clerk will send this to the editor of the Bledington News for publication.

 

  1. Precept Budget 2014/15:

Mr S Tyack reported that he had obtained a verbal estimate for cleaning the brook of £1200, he will check that there is space available in Heath Lane to dispose of the debris from the brook cleaning. Mr M Newton had obtained a verbal estimate for rebuilding the retaining walls adjacent to the War Memorial in the old Churchyard of £2500 both of these tasks will need to be carried out within the next financial year. Taking inflation into account our basic precept requirement is £10,000 and with the aforementioned extras this will total £13,700 approximately, a final total will be decided at the January meeting.

 

  1. Planning:

Location: The Bungalow, Main Street, Bledington, OX7 6UX,
Proposal: Replacement dwelling. Planning has been approved but the proposed footprint alongside Green Lane has been reduced.

 

Location: The Old Forge Adjacent to Jasmine Cottage, Church Lane, OX7 6XB
Proposal: Demolition of existing buildings and erection of a detached dwelling, outbuilding and 1.8m high wall to frontage. There were no objections from any of the Councillors therefore no comment will be made by the Parish Council on this application.

 

  1. Adjournment for questions from the Public:

There were no questions from the public.

 

  1. Any Other Business:

Mrs R Pawley raised concerns about the parking in the roadway outside Kingham station, stating that there had been two traffic accidents in the last week. This was discussed and the Clerk will write to West Oxfordshire District Council and Thames Valley Police to communicate these concerns.

Mr S Tyack reported that the turf had been cleared from the pavement outside the New Play area to the Foscot turn.

Mr M Newton reported that there has been a problem with moles in the Churchyard and on the Village Green the Clerk will contact Pestakers.

Mr R Pearson thanked Mr M Newton for organising a quiz in support of the Swings Appeal which raised sufficient funds to reach our target and gave a small surplus which has been deposited in the Play Equipment account.

 

 

Meeting closed at 8.30

Date and Time of Next Meeting:    6th January 2014 at 8pm

 

 

 

like0