Parish Council Minutes December 2016

~~BLEDINGTON PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting on 5th December 2016 at 8.00 pm in the Kings Head
Attending: Councillor Mr. R Pearson (Chairman) and Mr. M Newton (Vice-Chair), Mr. N Jackson, Mr. A Tait, Mr. S Tyack, Mrs. R Pawley, Mr. B Ball, Mrs. A Newton (Clerk).
Apologies for Absence: 0
Public:  7 Residents and County Councillor Mr. N Moor
Meeting opened at 8.00 pm
Mr Pearson thanked the Kings Head for allowing the Parish Council to meet there whilst the Village Hall is unavailable.
1. Minutes of Previous Meeting:
It was proposed by Mr. A Tait seconded by Mr. S Tyack that the minutes of the meeting of 7th November 2016 were taken as read, agreed as a true and correct record and signed by Mr. R Pearson (Chair).
2. Matters Arising:
Lengthsman Scheme –  The verges in Station Road have been cut back which has effectively widened the footpath, thanks to Councillor Moor for arranging this, although it was slightly disappointing that there had been no contact between the operatives and the parish Councillors as had been previously agreed.
Brook from the village to the Mill –  This has not been cleared although now, with the onset of winter, much of the overgrowth has died back. This will continue to be monitored, it was noted that some of the Brook behind Chapel Lane has been cleared.
Broken stepping stone on the Green –  this will be completed before the School Christmas holidays.
Trees in Church Lane –  Mr Pearson has spoken to the resident they feel the trees are not a problem. The Parish Council has no jurisdiction in this matter, however, if the trees force larger vehicles to use Church Street because of the difficult access through Church lane the Parish Council will be concerned and have to take actions.
Dog Bin on the Green -  Mr Tyack has yet to carry out this work, his intention is to re-locate the bin to the verge near the road bridge.
No Parking signs on the Village Green –  Mr. Pearson and Mr. Newton have this in hand as agreed at the last meeting.
 “No Through Road” sign at the beginning of Chapel Lane. -  Mr. Pearson will speak to Mr. Skillern again on this matter, Councillor Moor agreed to contact Mr. Skillern and ask that this be dealt with as a matter of urgency.
Noticeboard at the top of Old Forge Close –  Mr. Tyack will collect the board and pass it on to Mr. Newton on 6th December.
Drainage ditch in Church Road -  TT services will carry out this work in the near future.

Ducks Crossing Sign – The new residents of Home Farm have offered to pay for a new Sign, it is hoped to obtain a replica of the old sign. Mr Newton will progress this matter.
Gullies -  Mr. Pearson has passed the landowners details to the council officer responsible in connection with the gully on the Foscot corner but as yet there has been no action, Councillor Moor will raise the issue with this officer.
Feastavil – Mr. Pearson and Mrs. Pawley attended a meeting where the organisers proposed to increase the attendance by 5000, this is intended to be mostly camping. The organisers were asked to attend Parish Council meetings to address the concerns of Parishes, this they have agreed to do and they will be invited to attend the June meeting in Bledington. The organisers also said that the collaboration with the “Jamie Oliver Food Foundation” has now ended, this will mean that the profits previously donated to this charity could now be available for distribution to local charities. The new format will be discussed at the open meeting which is planned for April 2017.
3. Accounts for Payment:
It was proposed by Mr A. Tait and seconded by Mr B Ball that the following payments should be made: 
Community Heartbeat Trust  New paddles                      £75.60 paid out of meeting

4. Correspondence:
Mr S Scott sent an email informing the Council that the Ambulance Service has reduced the radius that the defibrillator covers from 400 metres (which covers most of the village from the Middle Orchard site) to 200 metres. This means that to give the greatest coverage the existing defibrillator would need to be moved and a second defibrillator would need to be purchased. This was discussed and it was decided that the possibility should be explored and if agreed the new defibrillator could be positioned in the phone-box and the existing one moved to a site close to the village hall. Mr Scott will be asked to investigate further.
An email was received advising on British Telecom’s proposal to remove the public payphone from the village and giving the Parish Council the option to adopt it, application to do so must be made by 23rd December. It was decided to apply to adopt the phone-box which could be used for the Community Defibrillator.
A letter on behalf of the Villager Bus Service asking for a grant of £900 was received and read out by Mr Pearson. This was discussed and due to the importance of this service to many residents it was decided unanimously that the Parish Council would make a grant of £900, it is understood that this will be an annual request.

5. Precept:
The Clerk provided a spreadsheet showing income and expenditure, at present the Council has a healthy surplus which will be used for the planned tree works it could also be used for the aforementioned grant and supply of a second defibrillator. Mr. Pearson also informed the meeting that the mowing contractor will be asking for a modest increase for the next mowing season and this will need to be considered. The final decision on the precept for 2017-18 will be taken at the January meeting.
6. Planning:
Planning Application no 16/04546/FUL
Full application for erection of a two-storey, two bedroom attached dwelling at 7 New Road, Bledington. – The applicant, Ms Kennedy, read a prepared statement in support of this application. Two letters of objection were received by the Parish Council including a petition of objection signed by 31 residents of New Road, the letters of objection were read out to the meeting. There was then a full discussion where all Councillors were able to voice their opinion and concerns. It was decided that the Parish Council would object to this application on the grounds of over-development of the site, access and parking difficulties, over-use of the already inadequate water and sewage system and a precedent being set for similar infill development.

7. Adjournment for questions from the public:
Support for a second defibrillator was voiced from the floor, and a question asked whether certain nominated persons throughout the village could be given the door code to access the equipment faster in the event of an emergency. The protocols will be investigated.
8. Any Other Business:
Mr. Jackson asked if there was an update on the Stables in Middle Orchard, Mr. Pearson replied that District Councillor Beale was to find out the current situation but was unable to attend this meeting.
County Councillor Nigel Moor reported that the 20mph “School Zone” will be in place by the end of March 2017, this will also include the resurfacing of the School car park. He also asked that the School Head be reminded about the activity scheme grant. A scheme to promote the 802 bus service will be tried in Bledington, this is hoped to increase the awareness and use of this service.

Meeting closed at 9.20 pm.

like0