Parish Council Minutes February 2015

BLEDINGTON PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the meeting on 2nd February 2015 at 8.00 pm in the village hall

Attending:

Councillors Mr R Pearson (Chair) Mr M Newton (Vice-Chair) Mr B Ball, Mrs R Pawley,

Mr N Jackson, Mr A Tait together with Mrs A Newton (Clerk)

Apologies for Absence: Mr S Tyack,

Public: 0 members of the public

Meeting opened at 8.00 pm.

  1. Minutes of Previous Meeting:

It was proposed by Mr B Ball seconded by Mr M Newton that the minutes of the meeting of 5th January 2015 were taken as read, agreed as a true and correct record and signed by Mr R Pearson (Chair)

  1. Matters Arising:

Highways works – The new extended railings outside the school have been installed, however the promised road markings have not been done, Mr R Pearson will speak to Mr R Skillern. He has also received comments from members of the public with reference to the pot holes in the road outside the Church, he will raise this with Mr Skillern when he contacts him.

Trees – Mr Pearson has spoken to Mr Orr-Ewing who is happy to accept the Parish Councils existing five year maintenance plan as sufficient. Should he require anything in writing he will contact the Clerk.

Dog Mess – There still appears to be no improvement in the dog mess situation, Mr B Ball will source some signage which could be used to discourage the present level of dog fouling.

Defibrillator and CPR Training – Mr M Newton reported that the CPR training equipment has arrived and it was decided to have a trial training session for Parish Councillors following the March meeting, if this is successful, training sessions for village residents will be rolled out in the following months.

Grass cutting – The Clerk has prepared the new contract, this will be signed by the Chairman and Mr Jones in due course.

Clerks - An appraisal of the Parish Clerk has been carried out which was found satisfactory by all Councillors. Mr Pearson has made enquiries with reference to the Clerks remuneration which he found currently to be set at the correct level. A vote of thanks to the Clerk was proposed by Mr B Ball and seconded by Mr A Tait.

  1. Local plan:

The Local plan consultation document has been studied by Mrs H Pearson who is a planning officer and has kindly agreed to advise the Council. Mr Pearson outlined the main points of the consultation document and said that our previously agreed comments will need to be included in the Councils response, it was agreed that Mrs Pearson and the Clerk will formulate this response.

  1. Accounts for Payment:

It was proposed by Mr B Ball and seconded by Mr N Jackson that the following payments should be made:

Amazon.                ink cartridges             £38

  1. Correspondence:

Thomas Cakebread Ltd requested permission to erect a stone memorial for Mrs Harding in the cemetery, the Parish Council unanimously approved this application.

A local Oil Buying Club sent a letter outlining their software, this will be passed on to Mr S Aldridge who runs the Bledington Blog.

Insight Gloucestershire sent a request for donations together with an explanation of their services it was thought that this was not applicable to the Parish Council but more suited to the Care Committee, Mr Pearson will pass the information to Mrs S Windsor.

An email was received from GRCC outlining an event on Wednesday 25th March 2015 at Brockworth Community Centre 5pm – 8:30pm entitled Neighbourhood Development Plans (NDPs) but unfortunately no one was free to attend.

An email was received from GRCC Cotswold Community Advisors, Marilyn Cox and Helen Richards inviting Councillors to a Parish Network Event - Planning Ahead for your Community 6.30pm to 8.30 pm on Wednesday, 4th February 2015 at Andoversford Village Hall but unfortunately no one was free to attend.

Gloucestershire County Council sent an email about the Gloucestershire Local Transport Plan Review to inform the Parish Council that following a series of stakeholder events held during the autumn they are now in a position to provide feedback on the key ‘issues’ and ‘ideas’ raised. This information is now available on the Gloucestershire County Council website:

www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/ltp3 a public consultation will be held from Monday 16th February until Friday 27th March. The consultation will be available at www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/consultations.

  1. Planning:

A Listed Buildings consent for internal alterations to The Mill was received, unfortunately the date for comment had passed due to a problem with the Planning Authorities new computer system.

  1. Adjournment for questions from the Public:

There were no questions from the public.

  1. Any Other Business:

Mr N Jackson reported that the missing half of the see saw has been returned, Mr Pearson informed the meeting that this return was thanks to the intervention of Mr Orr-Ewing who knew who the perpetrators were and had persuaded them to return the missing half, he is currently negotiating for a donation towards the repair. The Councils thanks are extended to him for his help in this matter. Mr Jackson reported that the gate to the cemetery is difficult to close, Mr Newton will make any necessary adjustments.

Mrs Pawley reported that there had been two more car accidents near to Kingham railway station caused by the parked cars, the Clerk will write to the Churchill Parish Clerk to see if they have any knowledge of any proposals to address this situation. Copies will be sent to WODC and TVP. She also asked if there were any plans for a community litter pick as in previous years, Mr Pearson replied that this is normally carried out at the end of March and should be an agenda item for the March meeting. Mrs Pawley highlighted the recent thefts from sheds and outbuildings, the Parish Council advises residents to heed the advice published in the Bledington News this month by the Neighbourhood Watch.

Mr Pearson reported that a car had collided with the road signs at the junction of Main Street and Chapel Lane, the supposed perpetrators were seen the following evening re-erecting the signs. The Clerk has emailed Gloucestershire Highways to inform them about this damage.It was once again noted that some hedge rows bordering Little Lane have become overgrown anyone with property which borders this public right of way are asked to check that their hedge rows are cut back to their boundaries and not causing an obstruction

Meeting closed at 8.45pm

Date and Time of Next Meeting:  2nd March 2015 at 8.00pm

 

like0