Parish Council Minutes January 2016

Minutes of the meeting on 4th January 2016 at 8.00 pm in the Village Hall Attending: Councillors Mr. R Pearson (Chair) Mr. M Newton (Vice-Chair) Mrs. R Pawley, Mr. B Ball, Mr. A Tait. Mr. S Tyack, Mr. N Jackson together with Mrs. A. Newton (Clerk) Apologies for Absence: 0 Public: 0 members of the public Meeting opened at 8.00 pm 1. Minutes of Previous Meeting: It was proposed by Mr. B Ball seconded by Mr. S Tyack that the minutes of the meeting of 7th December 2015 were taken as read, agreed as a true and correct record and signed by Mr. R Pearson (Chair) 2. Matters Arising: Broadband contact - Mr. Pearson has not yet passed on the name of the Council Officer responsible to Mr. Jackson but will do so as soon as possible. Drop in Meeting - Mr. Pearson reported that he attended St Edwards Hall, Stow on the Wold on the 16th December as requested by Councillor Moor to attend the “Transport drop in meeting” to discuss the underuse of the 802 bus service; however it appears that the meeting had either been cancelled or the information from Councillor Moor had been incorrect. Mr. Pearson will contact Councillor Moor to discuss this and the Clerk will submit a short article to the Bledington News to advertise the 802 bus service. 3. Accounts for Payment: It was proposed by Mr. A Tait and seconded by Mrs. R Pawley that the following payments should be made: Mrs. Newton Wages £564.39 Bledington PCC Equipment hire £15.00 4. Kingham station parking: Following the proposal discussed last month to extend the parking restrictions outside Kingham Station, information has now been received from Oxfordshire Highways that the funding to carry out these proposals is not available, a meeting was arranged by Mrs. K Pare (Foscot and Idbury PC) with David Cameron’s Constituency Assistant to ask if the MP for West Oxfordshire could assist in any way. Mr. Pearson and Mr. Newton together with the Vice Chair of Churchill and Sarsden Parish Council accompanied Mr. K Pare, our concerns and options were fully discussed and at this time we are still awaiting a full response. A request had been made by Oxfordshire Highways to the Parishes concerned asking if they would be prepared to cover some or all of the cost, this was discussed and it was felt that Parish Council contribution at this time could not be justified. The Parish Councils thanks are extended to Mrs. K Pare for organising this meeting and for her ongoing efforts. 5. Precept: Following last month’s precept discussion the requirements for 2016/17 were reviewed and a final figure of £14,000 was agreed, this will include funds to carry out the Parish Councils five year tree survey and associated works. It was proposed by Mr. N Jackson and seconded by Mr. B Ball and the motion was passed unanimously. The Clerk will complete the precept request form and send it to Cotswold District Council. 6. Working Party: It was decided to arrange a working party for Saturday 23rd January at 11am to do a general tidy up of the Church Yard and to remove ivy from the Churchyard walls. Mr. N Jackson will circulate an email as usual and Mr. B Ball will provide a poster to be put on the village Notice boards. 7. Correspondence: A letter was received from Mr. P Jones accepting the Council’s offer to continue with the grass cutting contract, the Clerk will prepare the new contract and this will be signed by the Chairman and Mr. P Jones in due course. A letter was received from Mr. P Coles a Director with BT South West Region setting out their aims to bring faster broadband across the UK by the end of 2017 even to the hardest to reach communities. This was discussed and it was felt that this was inappropriate as Bledington is already being catered for within the fibre optic rollout. 8. Planning: There were no planning applications 9. Adjournment for questions from the Public: There were no questions from the public 10. Any other Business: Mr. A Tait said that the grass verge on the corner by the Church has been damaged where vehicles have needed to drive on the verge due to a builder’s skip being located on the corner of Church lane and Church Road. Mr. Pearson will speak to the owners of the property concerned. Meeting closed at 8.35 Date and Time of next Meeting: 1st February 2016
like0