Parish Council Minutes January 2018

Bledington Parish Council

 

Minutes of the meeting on 15th January 2018 at 8.00 pm in the Village Hall

 

Attending:

Councilors Mr. R Pearson (Chair), Mr. M Newton (Vice-Chair) Mr. A Tait, Mr. N Jackson, Mr. S Tyack, Mrs. R Pawley, together with Mrs. A. Newton (Clerk)

Apologies for Absence: County Councilor N Moor, Mr. B Ball and Mr. S Algar

Public:  I and District Councilor J Beale 

Meeting opened at 8.00 pm

 

1.    Minutes of Previous Meeting:

It was proposed by Mr. A Tait and seconded by Mr. S Tyack that the minutes of the meeting of 11th December 2017 were taken as read, agreed as a true and correct record and signed by Mr. R Pearson (Chair)

 

2.    Matters Arising:

Notice Boards –  Mr. Tyack will complete this when time and weather allow.

Kissing gate - Mr. Pearson has yet to contact the footpath warden but will do so at his earliest opportunity.

Second Defibrillator – Mr. Newton reported that the Defibrillator had been delivered but we were still waiting for the cabinet to be delivered, unlike the existing cabinet, the new one will not have a lock on it consequently a code will not be required. Mr. Newton is also exploring the possibility of removing the lock from the existing cabinet. Permission has been granted to fit this defibrillator in the decommissioned phone box and the electricity supply will be reinstated once fitting is complete. Mr. Tyack will contact a local electrician to make the electrical connections. The phone box now needs to be prepared to receive the cabinet and Mr. Tait will organise a group to maintain the box in a clean and tidy condition. The new defibrillator will probably need a periodic test and Mr. S Scott has volunteered to carry this out alongside the existing unit which he already does. Mr. Tait will also organise a daily visual check once the defibrillator is fitted. Once the new defibrillator is commissioned Ms. Hunt has offered to explain its purpose and importance to the children at the school. The existing unit will then be moved to the outside wall of the Village Hall.

H Gibbs bench – Mr. Newton reported that this bench has now been ordered and delivery is expected in mid-February.

Thames Water – Mr. Pearson reported that the new lease is being prepared and the balance of the new rent will be paid when the lease is finalised.

Traffic Calming – Further to the item dealt with last month Mrs. Mackesy has asked for a letter of support for her campaign, the Parish Council will write supporting any “reasonable measures to improve road safety at the railway bridge by the Icomb junction”.

Audit – The Clerk presented the letter of appointment for the GAPTC auditors, this was approved.

Broadband Road Works – Mr. Jackson is preparing a brief for the Bledington News explaining the benefits of this work to the residents of the village.

Church Paths – Mr. Pearson has spoken to the Churchwardens who would like the side path widened a small amount there is also a problem with the main path being very difficult for wheelchairs etc. due to the gravel. Mr. Pearson will speak again with the Churchwardens to see if a harder, smoother surface for the main path would be better, quotes could then be sought for this work.

 

3.    Accounts for Payment:

It was proposed by Mr. Alan Tait and seconded by Mr. N Jackson that the following payments should be made:

Village Hall                  Hall Hire                      £60.00

A Newton                    Wages                         £564.39

  

4.    Correspondence:

Keith Gowing sent an email thanking the Parish Council for directing the £1000 grant from the Feastavil organisers to the Villager Bus Service. As they are reliant on donations this will enable them to continue to provide a valuable service to the village.

 

5.    Precept

As discussed at the November meeting the precept for 2018/19 will be set at £11,000.00, this was proposed by Mr. Tait and seconded by Mr. Jackson. The clerk will complete the relevant paperwork and forward to CDC.

 

6.    Community Led Planning

This will be carried over to the February meeting.

 

7.    Local Burglaries

Mr. Simon Algar, the Neighbourhood Watch coordinator, was unable to attend but has provided the Parish Council with some relevant information leaflets concerning CCTV. This was discussed, and it was decided that the small benefits reported could not justify the cost. A much cheaper alternative is for households to purchase individual security camera systems, which, it was reported some residents have already done.

 

8.    Youth Activity Fund

£300 was allocated and DC Julian Beale is investigating why this has not yet been paid.

 

9.    Planning:

A Full application 17/04843/FUL for proposed rear extension, replacement outbuilding and wall at Harwood House. This was discussed and as there were no objections from the neighbours or the Parish Council a decision of no adverse comment will be lodged with the Planning Authority.

Full application 17/05005/FUL for erection of conservatory to Hagar’s Barn. This was discussed and as there were no objections from the neighbours or the Parish Council a decision of no adverse comment will be lodged with the Planning Authority.

 

10.  Adjournment for questions from the Public:

None

 

11.  Any other Business:

DC Julian Beale reported that the Cotswold Local Plan is awaiting approval of the inspector. Grants from the Communities fund are possibly not appropriate for the village shop, but he will continue to investigate, however there is the possibility of a long-term loan to cover such things as shop fitting or initial stock purchase. He will report back at the March meeting.

Mr. Jackson said that Little Lane is deep in leaf mulch and requires clearing, the problem appears to be the trees which were to be cut, Mr. Pearson is aware that contractors have been engaged to carry out this work and he will speak to them to see if this can be carried out soon. After this is done a working party will be arranged to clear the leaf mulch.

Mr. Tait reported that some residents have requested that a seat be installed within the bus shelter, this was discussed, and it was decided to obtain some quotes from local tradesmen to carry out this work. He also reported that the fence in the cemetery needed repair or replacement, it was decided to ask Mr. Jones to carry out this work. Moles are also evident again in the cemetery and play area, the Clerk will engage Pestakers to deal with this.

Mr. Newton asked if some play equipment could be provided in the play area and possibly the Village Green for the under 5’s, this was thought to be a good idea and he will investigate further and report back.

Mr. Pearson reported that the potential clerk who was to attend this meeting had withdrawn at the last minute. there was a general discussion about the suitability of the other applicant and it was decided that the Parish Council would prefer an applicant from the village, Mr. Pearson will inform him of this decision. Some possible candidates from the village were suggested and Mr. Pearson will approach them. In the meantime, Mrs. Newton will continue in the post until the end of March.

Meeting closed at 9.10pm

Date and Time of next Meeting: 5th February 2018

File Attachment: 

like0