Parish Council Minutes March 2016

~~Minutes of the meeting on 7th March 2016 at 8.00 pm in the Village Hall

Attending:
Councilors Mr. M Newton (Vice-Chair) Mrs. R Pawley, Mr. B Ball, Mr. A Tait. Mr. S Tyack, Mr. N Jackson together with Mrs. A. Newton (Clerk)
Apologies for Absence: Mr. R Pearson (Chair)
Public: 2 members of the public
Meeting opened at 8.00 pm

1. Minutes of Previous Meeting:
It was proposed by Mr. S Tyack and seconded by Mr. B Ball that the minutes of the meeting of 1st February 2016 were taken as read, agreed as a true and correct record and signed by Mr. M Newton (Vice Chair)

2. Matters Arising:
Broadband – Mr. Pearson spoke to District Councilor Julian Beale who will pass on to Mr. N Jackson the name of the responsible Officer for Faster Broadband in the Cotswolds.
Poor’s Plot Appointments: Mr. P Simms has been approached and is willing to stand as a Poor’s Plot Trustee.  His appointment was proposed by Mr. S Tyack and seconded by Mr. A Tait and carried unanimously.
Allotments – Mr. R Pearson has been unable to speak to Mr. M Jarvis he has tried to contact him on several occasions by leaving messages on the answer machine, he will try to contact him again on his return from holiday. Mrs. Pawley has spoken to the new owners of The Mill on behalf of the Parish Council however they have alternative plans for their land and are unable to assist with the provision of land for the allotments at this time.
Village Hall Open Evening – Mr. M Newton reminded the Councilors of the Village Hall open evening on the 12th March and asked that each Councilor replies to the invitation individually.
Working Party – The Parish Council wishes to extend their thanks to all who attended the working party on Saturday March 5th.  A very successful litter pick was carried out collecting 8 bags of rubbish and keeping our Village tidy. Thanks to the Kings Head for sponsoring this latest working party.
Damage to the Green – The Police have advised that the Parish Council should claim for the damage on our insurance, however Mr. P Jones has already begun making repairs and the Council felt that this would be a satisfactory conclusion to the matter.
Damage to the verge opposite Maylins – Mr. Pearson has spoken to the owners who are willing to pay to have the damage repaired, Mr. Pearson will arrange this.

3. Accounts for Payment:
It was proposed by Mr. S Tyack and seconded by Mr. A Tait that the following payments should be made:

Mr. P Jones  tidy of the Church yard  £75.00
   And repair to the Green

4. Correspondence:
An email was received from Mrs. K Pare saying that the work to extend the double yellow lines to the County border was underway however there would be a need for surveys and consultations, consequently no completion date has been published. Mrs. Pawley was concerned that this will push the problem into the Village, Mr. Newton replied that he had already spoken to Mr. B Skillern who understands our reservations and has indicated that we can deal with the matter when it arises.
An email from Mrs. J Beacham was received asking for the provision of a new waste bin outside the Village Hall and also a donation towards the cost of replacing the seat outside the Hall. With regard to the bin Mr. Newton will contact CDC to ascertain whether the bin is owned by the Parish or District Council. The matter of a donation towards the bench seat was discussed at length but it was felt that we are not in a financial position at the moment to make a donation.
A letter was received from Mr. D Lofts with reference to his Fathers Cremation Stone they wish this to be in polished granite with black lettering and had supplied a sample for the Parish Council to view. This was discussed and the Council are happy to approve this application. Mr. M Newton will contact Mr. Lofts personally and the Clerk will confirm in writing.

5. Planning:
Location: Home Farm
Application no 16/00671 and 16/00672. Mr. B Ball has made enquiries about this application and described the proposals to the Council. Two members of the public had also attended to give their comments, in general the proposals are acceptable providing the materials are in line with the existing, there was also some concern regarding boundary walls and lines, the Council will comment to the Planning Authority expressing our concerns on these two points whilst also supporting this application.

Location: Pebbly Hill Farm
Application no 16/00698 and 16/00697. This was discussed and following consultation with neighbouring property owners it was decided that there were no objections.

Proposed diversion of public bridleway HBL10 and HBL12 at Pebbly Hill Stud this was discussed and there were no objections although urgent actions need to be taken with the surfacing and drainage, this appears to be dealt with in the proposal but the Parish Council will reinforce this within their comments.

6. Adjournment for questions from the Public:
Mr. G Harris was concerned that damage was occurring to the verges at the bottom of Church Street due to parking outside The Old Bakehouse. The Parish Council does not have jurisdiction over parking, however Mr. Newton will contact Gloucestershire Highways to see if anything can be done, he will also speak to Mr. Orr-Ewing to appraise him of the problem.

7. Any other Business:
Mr. N Jackson asked when the repairs to the banks of the brook were to be completed Mr. Newton replied, as previously minuted Mr. Mustoe has promised that the work will be complete by the end of May.
Mr. A Tait expressed concern that an elderly resident was refused a vacant property in Middle Orchard and was concerned that the original constitution had been changed. Mr. A Tait and Mr. N Jackson will draft a letter to the Management Committee outlining our concerns and requesting clarification on this matter.
Mr. A Tait reported that a tree had been planted in the Verge outside a house in Old Burford Road, Mr. A Tait asked if this was Parish land or Gloucestershire Highways land and if so had permission been requested. Mr. Newton will speak to Mr. Skillern of Gloucestershire Highways and when ownership of the land is ascertained appropriate action can then be taken.
Mr. A Tait also reported that the trees in Old Burford Road were overgrown and damaging high sided vehicles. Mr. Tyack will carry out the necessary work.


Meeting closed at 9.06
Date and Time of next Meeting: 4th April 2016

like0