Parish Council Minutes March 2017

~~Minutes of the meeting on 6th March 2017 at 8.00 pm in the Village Hall
Attending: Councillor Mr. R Pearson (Chairman) and Mr. M Newton (Vice-Chair), Mr. B Ball, Mr. A Tait, Mr. S Tyack, Mrs. R Pawley, Mrs. A Newton (Clerk).
Apologies for Absence: Mr. N Jackson
Public:  0
Meeting opened at 8.00 pm
1. Minutes of Previous Meeting:
It was proposed by Mr M Newton and seconded by Mr. A Tait that the minutes of the meeting on 6th February 2017 were taken as read, agreed as a true and correct record and signed by Mr. R Pearson (Chair).
2. Matters Arising:
Broken stepping stone on the Green –  Mr Pearson and Mr Newton will carry out this work when time and weather allow.
Dog Bin on the Green -  Mr Tyack has carried out this work, the thanks of the Parish Council are extended to him.
No Parking signs on the Village Green –   Mr Newton has obtained the new signs and passed them to Mr W Pearson who is manufacturing steel mountings for them. Once this is finished they will be positioned around the Village Green.
 “No Through Road” sign at the beginning of Chapel Lane. -  Mr. Pearson has spoken to Mr. Skillern who has ordered the new sign.
Drainage ditch in Church Road -  TT services will carry out this work when the weather improves and the verges are dry and firm.
Gullies –  The gullies in question have now been examined by Gloucestershire Highways, the gully opposite Banks Farm has been identified as requiring further work and the gully in Old Burford Road adjacent to the Foscot turn, will be completely renewed.
L. Kitchingman bequest – The Clerk has placed an order with Broxap Ltd for the seat as discussed at the February meeting, it will be delivered towards the end of March. A base will be laid when the area is dry enough.
AncestryDNA –  A successful Q&A session took place on Saturday 4th March, for anyone who was unable to attend information packs are available from the Kings Head. The DNA testing will take place on the 18th & 19th March in the Village Hall. The results and reveal will take place at the Village Fete on June 10th, with the kind permission of the Fete committee.
Tree works –  the Clerk has applied for permission to pollard the Weeping Willow on the Village Green. It was also noted that Chris Notman has begun work on the rest of the required works.
Working Party –  The working party has been re-scheduled and will now be on Saturday 1st April at 11am. Mr Ball will prepare posters and Mr Jackson will email residents. It is also hoped that there will be sufficient volunteers to clean the road signs around the village.
Planning, Stables in Middle Orchard -  This application has not yet been decided.
Broken sign Church Street –  Mr Newton has reported this to the District Council who will deal with it.
Hedge of the Play area –  Mr Pearson has spoken to the land owner who has given permission and Mr Jones has carried out this work, the thanks of the Parish Council are extended to him.
Pestakers -  This work has been carried out.
3. Accounts for Payment:
It was proposed by Mr B Ball and seconded by Mrs R Pawley that the following payments should be made
Pestakers  Mole removal  £81.00
4. Correspondence:
An invitation was received from Gloucestershire Police to a showcase event for the launch of the police and crime plan on the evening of the 30th March, unfortunately no one was free to attend.
Permission was sought by the St Leonard’s PCC to use the Village Green for the Bledington Village Fete on the 10th June, this was agreed unanimously. Mr R Pearson will inform the Fete Committee of this decision.
5. Donation from L Kitchingman
Mr Pearson informed the meeting that after paying for the memorial seat and the concrete base there will be a surplus of between £500 - £700, the family have asked that this surplus be donated to charity. After much discussion, it was felt that splitting the sum between the following would be appropriate: - the Villager Bus, The Bledington News, The Village hall and painting of the railings and gate adjacent to the War memorial. Mr Pearson will speak to the executers before a final decision is taken.
6. Planning:
Planning application no17/00478/LBC for listed building consent for replacement windows at 1 Fivebells, Church street, Bledington. This was discussed and as there were no objections an appropriate comment will be recorded.
7. Adjournment for questions from the public:
None
8. Any Other Business:
Mr B Ball asked about the seepage from the drilling which is taking place at Manor Farm, Mr Pearson replied that it appeared to be liquid clay and of no consequence. If anyone has any concerns they should be addressed to the Environment Agency who are the responsible authority in this matter.
Mr Tyack expressed concern about the state of the Gravel Pit field and the boundary wall between the field and the tenant’s property. The clerk was asked to write to the tenant pointing out his responsibilities as detailed in his tenancy agreement.
Meeting closed at 8.30 pm.
Date and time of next meeting: 3rd April 2017 at 8.00 pm.
 

like0