Parish Council Minutes May 2014

Minutes of the meeting on 8th May 2014 at 7.30 pm in the village hall


Councillors Mr R Pearson (Chair) Mr M Newton (Vice-Chair) Mr S Tyack, Mr N Jackson, Mr A Tait, Mrs R Pawley and Mr B Ball, together with Mrs A Newton (Clerk)

Apologies for Absence: none

Public: 0 members of the public

Meeting opened at 7.30 pm.

  1. Election of Chair and Vice Chair:

Mr R Pearson and Mr M Newton are willing to stand again for election there were no other proposals consequently Mr R Pearson will continue as Chair and Mr M Newton will continue as Vice Chair. Proposed by Mrs R Pawley seconded by Mr B Ball and carried unanimously.

  1. Minutes of Previous Meeting:

It was proposed by Mr S Tyack and seconded by Mr M Newton that the minutes of the meeting of 7th April 2014 were taken as read, agreed as a true and correct record and signed by Mr R Pearson (Chair)

  1. Matters Arising:

Trees in the Old Burford Road – Mr S Tyack will complete this work in the near future.

Bridge repairs – The repairs to the road bridge in Stow road have been completed.

Contractors to repair the Church Wall – Mr M Newton has prepared a job specification which includes a time frame for completing the work, this specification has been agreed with Mr A Mustoe the contractor and work should commence shortly to be completed by 31st August 2014.

Bledington Grounds Planning – The Clerk has communicated the Parish Councils concerns reference the possible increase in traffic through the village.

Flood group subscriptions – Mr Ball apologised he had not had time to speak to Mr L White but will do so in the near future.

Dredging of the brook – Mr S Tyack is still waiting for the quote from TT Services he will chase this up for the next meeting.

  1. Accounts for Payment:

It was proposed by Mr M Newton and seconded by Mr B Ball that the following payments should be made

P Jones                grass cutting              £300 paid out of meeting

P Jones                grass cutting              £300

  1. Correspondence:

A reply from Mr D Neudegg the Chief Executive of Cotswold District Council was received concerning High speed broadband. He informs us that the rollout in Gloucestershire is being managed by a company called Fastershire, he has forwarded a copy of the Parish Councils letter to this companies Operations Manager requesting that he answers the Parish Council queries more fully. Mr B Ball has also spoken to Cotswold Link who are exploring the possibility of a microwave link from Kingham to Bledington, further information will be forthcoming at a later date.

A communication was received offering a Community defibrillator, it was decided to discuss this at the Annual Meeting to gauge the requirements of the village residents.

An invitation to attend a Liaison meeting with Cotswold District Council was received but unfortunately no one was free to attend.

 A playground inspection report was received from Mr B Woodward which listed his only concern being some fungi growing on the logs. Mr B Ball had looked into this matter and said that the fungi was not poisonous nor edible it was decided that Mr M Newton will remove it and spray with weedkiller to prevent any re-growth.

An Invitation to a Smaller Settlements Event in Northleach on 28th May was received Mr M Newton will attend on behalf of the Parish Council. This meeting is in response to the comments made by Bledington and other smaller communities on the recent consultation for the Local Plan.

  1. End of year finances:

The Clerk reported that the Parish Council Financial Audit is now due, an internal audit has been carried out by Mr B Way who found the records to be satisfactory. The paperwork for the external audit was competed, unanimously agreed and signed by the Chair and the Parish Clerk. The Clerk will ensure these forms are sent to the external auditors within the specified time frame. The Parish Council extends its thanks to Mr B Way who carried out the internal audit of the Parish Councils accounts.

  1. Planning:

Location: Pebbly Hill Nursery, Icomb Road, Bledington, OX7 6XJ,
Proposal: Partial conversion and extension to existing outbuilding to form accommodation ancillary to the main dwelling. There were no objections from any of the Councillors therefore no comment will be made by the Parish Council on this application

Location: Bledington Grounds Farm, Stow Road, Bledington, OX7 6XL
Proposal: Proposed straw barn (768m2) and associated landscaping. There were no objections from any of the Councillors therefore no comment will be made by the Parish Council on this application

Location: Micklands Hill Farm, Stow Road, Bledington, OX7 6XH
Proposal: Replacement dwelling (proposed re-orientation of implemented planning permission CD.3099/E). There were no objections from any of the Councillors therefore no comment will be made by the Parish Council on this application.

  1. Adjournment for questions from the Public:

There were no questions from the public.

  1. Any Other Business:

Mr N Jackson reported that he had received two separate complaints from residents of Old Forge Close that the trees which are situated in the verge outside the mews cottages had now grown to such an extent that they were blocking the light. A discussion took place and the Parish Council are unsure who’s responsibility these trees are, the Clerk will contact Gloucestershire Highways to ascertain the ownership and responsibility after which appropriate action will be taken.

Mr B Ball reported that the shop group will be exercising their option on Middle Orchard.

Mr S Tyack asked that when the Clerk contacts Gloucestershire Highways could she remind them that the gullies still needed emptying.

Mr R Pearson has received a complaint that the fresh gravel that the Parish Council laid on the Church paths made it difficult for wheelchairs, pushchairs and wheeled walkers to traverse. The Parish Council will investigate whether more suitable material is available for when this operation is next carried out.

Meeting closed at 8.00

Date and Time of Next Meeting:    2nd June 2014 at 7.30pm




Paul Smith's picture

We missed the training session but we have located the defibrillator.

Can we please have the access code and are there any instructions/further training courses?

Paul and Christine Smith

Woodenham House

Station Road