Parish Council Minutes November 2016

~~Minutes of the meeting on 7th November 2016 at 8.00 pm in the Village Hall
Attending: Councillor Mr. R Pearson (Chairman) and Mr. M Newton (Vice-Chair) (Acting Clerk), Mr. N Jackson Mr. A Tait, Mr. S Tyack, Mrs. R Pawley.
Apologies for Absence: Mr. B Ball, Mrs A Newton
Public:  District Councillor J Beale
Meeting opened at 8.00 pm

1. Minutes of Previous Meeting:
It was proposed by Mr. A Tait seconded by Mr. S Tyack that the minutes of the meeting of 3rd October 2016 were taken as read, agreed as a true and correct record and signed by Mr. R Pearson (Chair).
2. Matters Arising:
Lengthsman Scheme – The GCC “Lengthsman Scheme” will be re-visiting the village during the week beginning 7th November, they will be asked to cut back the turf which is overgrowing the footpath from the Foscot turn to the mill bridge. If they have time they will also be asked to carry out some edging work to the footpath in Stow Road and cleaning of road signs throughout the village. The team have been instructed to contact either Mr. Pearson or Mr. Newton prior to commencing work.  The Granite sets which were taken away last time will require a specialist road-gang to replace them properly, the Parish Council will monitor.
Little Lane – The box hedge will be reduced in height and the dead tree will be made safe, the resident concerned has engaged a contractor to carry out this work.
Brook from the village to the Mill – This work has yet to be carried out, however it is noted that some monitoring equipment has been installed presumably by the Environment Agency.
Broken stepping stone on the Green – This has yet to be replaced Mr Newton and Mr Pearson will carry out this work as soon as possible, certainly before the School Christmas Holidays.
Trees in Church Lane – The resident concerned has intimated that they will not now have the trees looked at by a tree surgeon, Mr. Pearson will speak with them to explain the situation.
Dog Bin on the Green – District Councillor Julian Beale has made inquiries and reported that permission is not required to carry out this work. Mr Tyack will deal with this.
No Parking signs on the Village Green – it was decided that the signs would be 300mm x 200mm in size, manufactured from an aluminium composite and mounted on a metal base. This will be a little more expensive than the old signs but should be much more durable. M. Newton and Mr. Pearson will decide how many will be required.
Old Parish Council Files – Mr. Pearson has arranged to collect the old filing cabinet from Mr. A Packe on Friday 11th November. Mr Pearson has also reminded Mr. Skillern from Gloucestershire Highways about the “No Through Road” sign at the beginning of Chapel Lane.
Noticeboard at the top of Old Forge Close – Mr. Newton reports that the repair can be carried out, however he is having some difficulty locating some suitable “pin board”. Mr. Tyack said that there may be some spare in the Village Hall, he will check.
Drainage ditch in Church Road – Mr. Tyack has spoken to TT Services who will carry out this work.
3. Accounts for Payment:
It was proposed by Mr A. Tait and seconded by Mrs R Pawley that the following payments should be made: 
P Jones   Grass-cutting   £1045.00
British Legion  Poppy wreath   £25.00
GCC   Donation to School  £500.00
   Safety Zone

4. Correspondence:
There was no correspondence.
5. Cemetery Fees:
Mr. Pearson explained that it was now 5 years since we last reviewed the Cemetery fees, he had obtained the fees from several neighbouring Parishes for comparison purposes. In the main Bledington is cheaper than most other Parishes and in some cases, considerably cheaper. Following detailed scrutiny and discussion it was decided to increase the charges to bring Bledington in line with neighbouring comparable Parishes. The new charges will take effect from 1st December 2016, and will be displayed on the Cemetery noticeboard and the Village website.
6. Tree Survey:
Three quotes have been obtained for carrying out a survey of all trees for which the Parish Council has responsibility. It was decided to engage “Nicholson’s” to carry out the survey, the Clerk will inform them and write to the unsuccessful bidders.
7. Planning:
Planning application no 16/04401/FUL for extension above garage, loft conversion, single storey rear extension and installation of air source heat pump at 26 Jackson road, Bledington OX7 6XN. Mr. Newton has spoken to the neighbours and it was decided that there were no adverse comments.
Planning application no 16/04255/FUL for proposed two storey front extension at 1 St Leonards Court Bledington. OX7 6XR., The Parish council has no objections to this application, Mr. Ball will speak with the neighbours and inform the Clerk of the results.
8. Adjournment for questions from the public:
Councillor Beale will try to find out the present position regarding the planning appeal for the stables in Middle Orchard.
9. Any Other Business:
Mr. Jackson asked about progress with the “Ducks Crossing” sign Mr. Pearson replied that we will go ahead if full funding can be obtained.
Mr. Jackson asked when the precept for 2017/18 is decided, Mr. Pearson replied that initial discussions would begin at the December meeting with a final decision taken at the January meeting. A spreadsheet of current and projected expenditure will be circulated prior to the December meeting.
Mr. Tyack reported that the Street light by the Bus shelter in Old Burford Road is defective, also the litter bin at the same location is detached from its base. He also asked about progress with the gullies at the Foscot turn, Mr. Pearson said that we are waiting for County Councillor Moore to chase this up with Mr. Roberts from Gloucestershire Highways.
Mr. Pearson reported that together with Mrs. Pawley he attended a feedback meeting for the “Big Feastavil”. They have raised the concerns which were previously discussed at our Parish meetings. The organisers wish to raise the attendance for 2017 by 5000 to 25000 per day. There will be a licencing meeting to discuss this which will be attended by members of the Parish Council, it is hoped to put pressure on the organisers via the WODC licencing authority, and ask the organisers to attend future Council meetings of surrounding Parishes.

Meeting closed at 9.00.
Date and time of next meeting: 5th December 2016 at 8.00 pm.
Signed…………………………………………………(Chairman)   Date…………………………………………

like0