Parish Council Minutes October 2014

Minutes of the meeting on 6th October 2014 at 8.00 pm in the village hall

Attending:

Councillors Mr R Pearson (Chair) Mr M Newton (Vice-Chair) Mr S Tyack, Mr A Tait, Mr N Jackson, Mrs R Pawley and Mr B Ball, together with Mrs A Newton (Clerk)

Apologies for Absence: 0

Public: 0 members of the public

Meeting opened at 8.00 pm.

  1. Minutes of Previous Meeting:

It was proposed by Mr N Jackson and seconded by Mr B Ball that the minutes of the meeting of 1st September 2014 were taken as read, agreed as a true and correct record and signed by Mr R Pearson (Chair)

  1. Matters Arising:

Councillor Moor – The Clerk emailed Councillor Moor for an update on the proposed works, a reply was received in which Councillor Moor stated that he had passed this on to Mr B Skillern of Gloucestershire Highways to be actioned. The Parish Council felt that this was not a particularly satisfactory reply and Mr S Tyack will contact Mr B Skillern if no work has started in two weeks. The broken drain at the junction of Church Lane and Old Burford Road has been reported and the contractors have been in contact and apologised for the delay, explaining that they are having difficulty in obtaining the right size cover.

Flood group subscriptions – The Clerk reported that the subscription for the early warning system is due in November, the notification has been forwarded to Mr L White and as yet no reply has been received, this will be an agenda item for the November meeting, the Clerk will contact Mr L White to ask if the Flood group a) still require this system b) will extra texts be required and c) will the subscription be collected on time for the bill to be paid.

Trees in Old Forge Close – Mr R Pearson has made enquiries and at present it would appear that these trees belong to the developer who built these houses. Mr R Pearson will contact the developer to try to ascertain ownership, failing this the Parish Council will make enquires with the Land registry.

Cleaning the brook from Chapel Street to the Kings Head – Mr R Pearson said that an excellent job had been carried out by TT Services in clearing the silt from the brook and the thanks of the Parish Council are extended to them for this, the Clerk will include a letter of thanks with the payment of their account However it would appear that by doing this the Parish Council have breached Environment Agency regulations, Mr R Pearson and Mr M Newton are meeting with a representative from the EA on Wednesday 8th to discuss this and will report the outcome to the November meeting. Mr R Pearson thanked all involved in the recent working party which cleared the remaining weed from the brook and associated drainage ditches.

Brook Repairs – Three quotes have been requested and should be ready for the November meeting.

Keys to the Litter bins in Play area – Following the ROSPa inspection the Clerk has obtained the key for the litter bins and Cotswold District Council have instructed their contractors to ensure these bins are kept locked.

Tenancy of the Gravel Pitt Field – The present tenant has paid his rent for another 12 months.

Defibrillator and CPR Training – Mr M Newton has made enquiries reference CPR training in support of the village defibrillator and reports that a training session for a maximum of 15 people would cost £300. Further enquiries will be made to explore alternatives and consideration given to running a village quiz to raise the required funds.

Feastavil Traffic – The Clerk has written to the Feastavil Organisers but has not as yet received a reply.

  1. Tree Works:

Quotes for works to the large willow on the Village Green will be obtained once ownership of the trees in Old Forge Close is ascertained. If the trees in Old Forge Close are the responsibility of the Parish Council then the quotes will be obtained as one contract.

  1. Accounts for Payment:

It was proposed by Mr S Tyack and seconded by Mrs R Pawley that the following payments should be made

P Jones                Grass cutting             £900

Aon Insurance      insurance                   £984.93

Mrs Newton          Clerks Wages           £564.39

TT Services         Brook cleaning          £1440.00

  1. Correspondence:

A letter was received from the Village Hall Committee thanking the Parish Council for their generous donation.

A notification of application from Stow surgery to increase their dispensing area and notification of a proposed pharmacy at Upper Rissington was read to the meeting it was decided that this was not an issue which the Parish Council needed to comment on.

An email from the Cotswold Youth Choirs (www.cotswoldyouthchoirs.org.uk) requesting the possibility of a donation was read out and discussed, it was decided to pass the correspondence to the School and the Bledington Music Society.

  1. Planning: None
  2. Adjournment for questions from the Public:

There were no questions from the public.

  1. Any Other Business:

Mr NJ Jackson reported that once again there appears to be a growing problem of dog faeces around the village. Some which is not picked up and some that is being picked up, bagged and then being thrown into the hedge and not placed in the dog bins provided. The Parish Council is appealing for people to clean up after their dogs and dispose of it correctly, if this does not happen then a more formal legal action will have to be taken as this is an offence with a maximum £1000 fine. The Clerk will place an article in the Bledington News appealing for residents to clean up correctly after their dogs. He also reported that the first step on the bridge over the river Evenlode on the Kingham footpath is broken Mr S Tyack will inform Peter Thompson.

Mr S Tyack reported that the street light in New Road is still broken, this has been reported already, the situation will be monitored.

Mr R Pearson thanked everyone who helped in the last working party and suggested a working party be arranged to clear the ivy from the Churchyard walls, a date was set for the 15th November. Mr N Jackson will circulate the usual emails and Mr B Ball will prepare a poster.

Meeting closed at 8.45pm

Date and Time of Next Meeting:  3rd November 2014 at 8.00pm

like0