Parish Council Minutes September 2015

Minutes of the meeting on 7th September  2015 at 8.00 pm in the Kings Head

            Attending:

Councillors Mr. R Pearson (Chairman) Mr. M Newton (Vice-Chair) Mr. B Ball, Mrs. R Pawley, Mr. A Tait, Mr. N Jackson together with Mrs. A Newton (Clerk)

            Apologies for Absence:  Mr. S Tyack,

            Public: 0 member of the public

            Meeting opened at 8.00 pm.

Mr. R Pearson wished to register the Parish Councils grateful thanks to Mr. A Orr-Ewing for the use of the Kings Head.

            1.         Minutes of Previous Meeting:

It was proposed by Mrs R Pawley seconded by Mr. B Ball that the minutes of the meeting of 6th July 2015 were taken as read, agreed as a true and correct record and signed by Mr. R Pearson (Chair)

            2.         Matters Arising:

Refuse Collection - There have been no further complaints , Mr N Jackson will follow up with the complainant to ascertain the current position.

Allotments - Mr. Pearson has been trying to contact the owner of the previously identified land but without success, he will continue trying and report back at the next meeting,

Repairs to the footbridge on the green - The stonework will be repaired alongside the September working party.

Hedge bordering Gravel Pit field - Mr R Pearson will speak to the tenant and ask that this be cut back and kept under control.

Repairs to the banks of the brook - Mr. Newton will liaise with Mr. Mustoe and keep the Council updated.

            Password for accounts - The Clerk has had to replace her computer and needs to obtain Microsoft Office in order for the accounts spreadsheet to run on the new computer, she hopes this will be done by next meeting.

            Big Feastivil - This is being dealt with as an agenda item under correspondence.

             Mill flood gates - The Clerk has been in touch with the Environment Agency who have informed her that they have no jurisdiction in this matter, contact has been made by the Parish Council with the owners of the Mill.      Mrs R Pawley will speak with them again in an effort to arrange a satisfactory solution with regard to access and responsibility.

                        3.         Police Commissioners meeting

            Mr A Tait reported that he is now unable to attend the meeting on the 16th September, unfortunately no one else is available to attend, however an invitation has been received (see correspondence item) to meet with the Police and Crime Commissioner which Mr M Newton will attend. Mr Newton has already tendered a question which is very much on the lines of the letter already sent to the PCC regarding speedwatch policy and speed limit enforcement within built up areas. We thought this would be a more worthwhile meeting than the lecture on the 16th September. Mr M Newton will report back at the next meeting.

                        4.         Working Party

            A working party has been arranged for Saturday 26th September at 11 o clock

            to clear the weed from the brook. Mr N Jackson will circulate an email and

            Mr B Ball will liaise with the Kings Head.

            5.         School parking

            An email to the School secretary from Loudham Estates has been copied to the Parish Council this email raises serious concerns with reference to the parking outside the School at the start and finish of the school day. It was felt that even though the Parish Council has no jurisdiction in this matter it should still be involved in any discussions because we are equally concerned. The Clerk will write to Mr. B Skillern with a copy of the email from Loudham Estates suggesting a meeting with the new School Head. Copies of this communication will also be sent to Councillor N Moor and Stow Police.

            6.         Accounts for Payment:

It was proposed by Mr. A Tait and seconded by Mr. M Newton that the following payments should be made:

            Play Safety                 Inspection                   £156,00

P Jones                      Grasscutting              £680.00 paid out of meeting

P Jones                      Grasscutting              £1020.00

Grant Thornton           Audit                           £120.00

            7.         Correspondence:

The Office of the Police Commissioner sent a letter of receipt to the Clerks letter reference speedwatch.

An invitation was received to meet with the Police and Crime Commissioner, Martin Surl on Wednesday 9th September. Mr M Newton will attend on behalf of the Parish Council.

Play safety sent the annual play area inspection report, previously circulated to Councillors, the only a action required was tensioning of the zip wire which Mr M Newton will deal with.

Councillor Julian Beale sent a summary of the works which will affect the Fosse Way this month, the Clerk has sent these to Mr S Scott who will post them on the Bledington Website.

Councillor Beale also sent an update on his progress in trying to find funding for the repairs to the sides of the Brook. He will attend next months Parish Council Meeting.

Councillor Nigel Moor sent a short update on his progress with the safety markings outside the School.

The WODC Licensing Officer sent an email asking for a debrief on the build up and break down of the Big Feastavil. The Clerk will fill in the form in question recording the Parish Councils observations which mainly centred around traffic coming through the village particularly contractors vehicles during the above periods. It is also thought that the organisers will have a debrief where members of the Council will attend to express there deep concerns.

Gloucestershire County Councils road space co-ordinator sent a schedule for the temporary road closures in the village between the 1st and 20th October. The Clerk has sent this to the Bledington News.

            8.         Planning

Location: Pebbly Hill Farm

Proposal: Change of use of Outbuilding to domestic. This was discussed and it was decided that there were no objections.

Location: Micklands Hill Farm

Proposal: Replacement dwelling and detached garage.This was discussed and it was decided that there were no objections.

Location: Hagars Barn

Proposal: Addition of roof lights in main roof. This was discussed and it was decided that there were no objections.

            9.         Adjournment for questions from the Public:

            There were no questions from the public.

            10.       Any Other Business:

Mr R Pearson reported that there is no definite date for the reopening of the Village Hall so the October meeting will again be held in the Kings Head.

            Meeting closed at 9.00 pm

            Date and Time of Next Meeting:  5th October 2015 at 8.00pm

like0